The virtual CISO (vCISO) delivers the necessary leadership to guide, strengthen, improve and implement a robust information security roadmap. The primary objective of the vCISO is to continually mature and guide the organisation wherever they are on their information security journey. This is done through continuous assessment, evaluation and expert strategy with a clear focus on maintaining and enhancing the company’s information security roadmap.
VIRTUAL CISO (vCISO)
What is a virtual CISO (vCISO)?
Why you need it and what are the benefits?
An experienced and well-qualified CISO may be expensive and hard to come by for an SMME company. The reality is that it is just not cost-effective for SMME’s due to the substantial capital expenditure (salary, hiring costs, sick pay, holiday pay and training costs) involved when employing someone as senior as a CISO. The solution to this problem is an outsourced service that provides the equivalent value and expertise of an experienced CISO.
Summary of benefits you can expect with vCISO:
- Cost-effectiveness by only paying for the service and support specifically required.
- Outsourcing, allowing for reduced capital expenditure without compromising on the skills and expertise of an experienced CISO.
- Independent and objective long-term information security strategy development.
- Access to robust information security leadership allowing for effective internal knowledge transfer.
- Compliance to information security regulations.
- Mature security posture with defined metrics to measure programme success.
Engagement and Outcomes
Our starting point when engaging with our clients is to extensively scope their information security environment and processes to ascertain their risk appetite, business priorities, security posture and compliance requirements. This exercise allows us to make accurate recommendations whilst enhancing and improving the client’s cyber security roadmap.
Summary of outcomes you can expect with vCISO:
- Review and Assessment of current Cyber Security Roadmap.
- Gap Analysis Recommendation Report.
- Cyber Security Improvement Roadmap.
- Implementation and Execution of Cyber Security Roadmap.
- Continuous Evaluation and Maintenance of Security Posture.
- Supply and Implementation of recommended Technologies and Services.
At Cyberlinx, we are goal-driven and have the knowledge and expertise to incorporate security methodologies based on existing security frameworks such as NIST and ISO 27001 throughout our engagements.
“Security used to be an inconvenience sometimes, but now it’s a necessity all the time.”
– Martina Navratilova
Want to find out more?
We would love to hear from you!